Monday 5 October 2009

A Trip To The Theatre Anyone?


I love a trip to the theatre, and this time was no different. War Horse. It was the sweetest play I have ever seen, about a young boy and his horse during the war who strike up a horsey-man friendship, a bond that can never be broken. Tragically his mean old dad sells his horse to the army. Naturally the weedy 16 year old runs away to the army to try and find his horsey friend.

I don’t want to give away the end, but it really brought a tear to my eye.
The Actors, work with astonishing life-sized puppets by the worldwide renowned Handspring Puppet Company, and you really do believe those puppets are horses. They are more like works of art than puppets as they a strong enough to have people inside and carry people on top of them.

I found out for myself why its London’s number one play to see at the moment.

No comments: