Saturday 3 October 2009

HELLOOOOO

I have been soooo naughty and completly and utterly neglected my poor lonely blog.
This year I have a new found confidence in myself and have thrown myself into the world of fashion, and at the moment, I am loving it!

I started uni as a second year student (dan dan daaaa) and must say I am really looking forward to the course this year- although I have a feeling I won't be watching as much Jeremy Kyle and Loose Women- boooo.

My second year started off at where other than London Fashion Week. I have been a London Fashion Weekender for quite a few years but never floated around Fashion Week. The first day I went was a wonderfully exciting day and made me remember why I'm doing what I'm doing. It was a beautiful sunny day, Sarah and I arrived at the grand and spectacular Somerset House. The surroundings were perfect. We felt like celebritites walking in, as two different photographers started taking our photo, I couldn't help but imagine I was Kate Moss and I'm pretty sure Sarah was pretending she was Britney Spears.

I could have sat on that wall all day watching passers by. The place just oozed cool. I saw a lot of big shoulders, leather jackets, thigh high boots and studs. It wasn't just about what people were wearing it was the attitude they wore it with. I saw one very skinny man wearing a swimsuit- and im not talking trunks, I'm talking full on Mr Motivator swim suit, but ya know what? He pulled it off. I spotted another girl wearing a leotard over her ripped tights and someone else wearing plaitted hair as her neclace. You've gotta give it to em, can you imagine the looks they got on the underground? Good for them for having the confidence to be different, it makes the world a much more interesting place and it's the reason London is the Worlds capital for fashion.

Here are a few of the straight-ups we took at Somerset House and around London that week.



















No comments: